Запускаю супер
Карточка игрока: BioLogIn
Канал пользователя: BioLogIn
Благодарил (а): 1356 раз
Контактная информация:

21-22/06/2008, Toulouse (FRANCE), Summer Lan + SBO Euro qualifiers

Сообщение BioLogIn » 25 апр 2008, 19:01

Изображение

After the Winter Lan Festival in 2006, the E-games Festival in 2007, we're back with the Summer Lan: 800 players are expected in 1800m2 of gaming zones.

DATES

Saturday 21st of June to Sunday 22nd non-stop.

PLACE

Patinoire Municipale Jacques Raynaud
Avenue du Général de Gaulle
31700 Blagnac
FRANCE

GAMES IN COMPETITION

Tougeki european qualifications:
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 3v3
- Street Fighter III Third Strike 3v3

Pro tournaments:
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 1v1
- Street Fighter III Third Strike 1v1
- Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection 1v1

Open Tournaments:
- Soul Calibur III
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

PLANNING

Saturday

3:00 PM - Street Fighter III Third Strike 3v3
5:00 PM - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 3v3
7:00 PM - Finals

1:00 PM - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4:00 PM - Soul Calibur III

Sunday

12:00 PM - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 1v1
1:00 PM - Street Fighter III Third Strike 1v1
4:00 PM - Finals

12:00 PM - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3:00 PM - Soul Calibur III

We will make so that players can take part in 2 tournaments that take place simultaneously if they wish.

REGISTRATIONS

Tougeki european qualifications: €45 per team.
Pro Tournaments: €12 per player (€10 if SWGA member).
Registrations will be open soon.

Open Tournaments: €8. Registrations only on the spot.

Registrations will be close 30 minutes before the tournament begins.

For the players' comfort, Tougeki qualifications and pro tourneys will be held in a separate zone with much more TVs and consoles only available for those who compete in these tournaments. Besides, finals will take place on a boxing ring!

A 2 days pass for this zone (€7) will be available for those who are only interested in freeplay.

PRIZES

Tougeki european qualifications:
- 10 teams or under: €500 for the winning team.
- Above 10 teams: €1000 for the winning team.

Pro tournaments:
- 20 players or under: €200.
1°: €130.
2°: €50.
3°: €20.
- Above 20 players: €300.
1°: €200.
2°: €70.
3°: €30.

Open tournaments:
1°: ipod nano.
2°: console game (to be defined).
Goodies.

TOURNAMENTS COMMON RULES

Choice 1P or 2P: free, heads-or-tails if desagreement.
Configuration: free.
Character choice: first character fixed, switch allowed if defeated.
Level: random.
Doing pause during a match will lead to the loss of the current round unless the opponent is fine with it.

In case of equality into a group:
- Between 2 players: is qualified the one that defeated the other.
- Between 3 players: qualified player(s) will be decided by goal average.
- If perfect equality: the qualified one will be decided by a decisive match (best of 1).

The players have to bring their pad or arcade stick (and adaptator if neeb be). Wireless sixaxis are forbidden.

GAME SPECIFIC RULES

GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE

Plateform: PlayStation 2
Version: US
Tougeki european qualifications: 3v3, round-robin groups, single-elimination
Pro tournament: 1v1, best of 3 in round-robin groups, best of 5 in single-elimination finals
Match: 2 rounds
Time limit: 99 seconds

SOUL CALIBUR III

Version: PAL
Limitation: 32 players
Format: 1v1, best of 3 in a double knockout tournament
Match: 3 rounds
Time limit: 60 seconds
Life gauge: 100%
Neutral guard: off
Forbidden characters: Abyss and Olcadan, bonus and customed characters
Forbidden weapon: Yunsung's invisible sword
Variable cancel: banned

STREET FIGHTER III 3RD STRIKE

Tougeki european qualifications: 3v3, round-robin groups, single-elimination
Pro tournament: 1v1, best of 1 in round-robin groups, best of 3 in single-elimination finals
Match: 2 rounds
Time limit: 99 seconds
Forbidden character: Gill

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL

Plateform: Wii
Limitation: 32 players
Format: 1v1, best of 1 in a double knockout tournament

Allowed levels:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi’s Island
Animal Crossing

Lives:4
Time limit: 8 minutes
Objets: disabled
Pads: Gamecube

TEKKEN 5 DARK RESURRECTION

Plateform: PlayStation 3
Format: 1v1, best of 3 in round-robin groups and single-elimination finals
Match: 3 rounds
Time limit: 60 secondes
Forbidden characters: Jinpachi, Mokujin

ACCESS

Map of the area here

From Toulouse Blagnac international airport or Toulouse Matabiau train station: free shuttles will be available for the players. You just have to inform the organizers at least one week before the event at this adress: contact@lan-festival.com

ACCOMMODATION

There will be a refreshment bar (details: here) and 3 rooms with showers if you want to rest (you will need to bring your sleeping bag or duvet though). 200 lockers will also be available.

Closest hotel (5 min by car): Fasthôtel (€45 a room for 2)
Details: here.

Other hotels: here.

OTHER ACTIVITIES

There will also be numerous activities during the week-end, notably a free concert saturday night organized by NRJ from 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM in front of the rink for the music festival.

COMPLEMENTARY INFORMATIONS

http://www.swga.eu
http://www.swga-fr.com/forum
http://summer-lan.com

The SWGA Staff
Death doesn’t discriminate
Between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes
And history obliterates
In every picture it paints
It paints me and all my mistakes
===========================
Fighting.ru | GuiltyGear.ru

BioLogIn
Запускаю супер
Контактная информация:

Re: 21-22/06/2008, Toulouse (FRANCE), Summer Lan + SBO Euro qualifiers

Сообщение BioLogIn » 04 май 2008, 18:06

Okay.

(I got totally confused in French boards and sites. Should I have posted this on swga site? Or on that summer-lan.com? Or on console-league? Or tourgeki.fr? Too much of them for me. So, calling 911. Mitsurugi, I know you're not running this event, but seeing you posting on Spanish and Finnish forums, could you please help us a little?)

So far we have from 3 to 6 people willing and more or less capable to go. All of them play Guilty Gear on strong Russian level. In best case scenario both Raven and Jeka (top-1 and top-2 of FWI 2008 respectively) will attend. I'm going as well, although I'm not sure I'll play unless my guys will need 3rd person for team. As far as I know, none of us plays SF3 competitively. Maybe we will be joined by Belial, who goes to kick some asses in Tekken and SC =) We will start working on visas and stuff in a few days.

All in all, at very least we will provide one good GG team. Could you please tell:
- If it will make sense to arrive a day or two earlier to have some free play with other (French and non-French) guys? Will there be any free play on Friday?
- Is there some kind of on-line per-registration? Maybe a list of foreign players attending the event?
- What does 'non-stop' part of the announcement means? There will be a freeplay through the Saturday night?
- If not, is there option for those of us who are running extra-low on funds to stop at someone's place on Saturday-Sunday night?
- I just read up the spanish forums, you're saying Dualshocks are going to be banned at Tougeki quals. Could you very-very please confirm\deny this one ASAP?

Thank you very much for the help.
And history obliterates

Mitsurugi
Новичок

Сообщение Mitsurugi » 05 май 2008, 13:28

Hi there !

Pfeeewww, I finally got through and registered !
Okay, answer time. I put some numbers to help browsing from the questions to the answers.
BioLogIn писал(а):All in all, at very least we will provide one good GG team. Could you please tell:
1) If it will make sense to arrive a day or two earlier to have some free play with other (French and non-French) guys? Will there be any free play on Friday?
2) Is there some kind of on-line per-registration? Maybe a list of foreign players attending the event?
3) What does 'non-stop' part of the announcement means? There will be a freeplay through the Saturday night?
4) If not, is there option for those of us who are running extra-low on funds to stop at someone's place on Saturday-Sunday night?
5) I just read up the spanish forums, you're saying Dualshocks are going to be banned at Tougeki quals. Could you very-very please confirm\deny this one ASAP?
1) That may be possible for you to come one or two days earlier. I'll forward your questions to the SWGA members (through their forums http://www.swga-fr.com/forum/ , I'll copy here the direct link to the topic when it will be created) see if they can organize some casual play those days before the event.

2)
REGISTRATIONS

Tougeki european qualifications: €45 per team.
Pro Tournaments: €12 per player (€10 if SWGA member).
Registrations will be open soon.

Open Tournaments: €8. Registrations only on the spot.
So except for the "open tournaments" (SoulCalibur 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl) where you have to register on spot, the very day of the event, the others tournaments will have an on-line pre-registration that has yet to be announced. Though to be sure, this question will be asked, out of safety.

3) "Non-stop" means without stopping, all night long if you wish, no break or swithing off the consoles and TV. Therefore, "Saturday 21st of June to Sunday 22nd non-stop" means if you don't want to sleep, you can play from Saturday until Sunday restlessly.

4) That may be possible too according to SWGA's members availability, if they can offer housing. Another point to be asked in their forum.

5) It is more than likely that only arcade sticks are allowed for the Tougeki qualifiers. Yet, they asked some officials and we're still waiting for it to be confirmed.

From Russia with love. ^_^

BioLogIn
Запускаю супер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение BioLogIn » 05 май 2008, 13:39

Mitsurugi
Thanks for your reply, mate! We are grateful for your help.

Questions 1-4 are quite clear. The 5th question is quite important for us, because one of our best players, Jeka, is strongly intending to attend the event, but he plays on Dualshock. However! He plays on (the left) analog stick of the Dualshock =) and doesn't touch d-pad at all. Please, can you ask SWGA officials specificially about this issue, because it actually IS a mini-stick... I hope they're not going to ban 'custom sticks' based in its size and shape, right? )) Let's think this is custom stick that was put into dualshock body ))
And history obliterates

Mitsurugi
Новичок

Сообщение Mitsurugi » 05 май 2008, 14:15

You're welcome, it is nice seeing you are so motivated.
I think the controller issue is more being able to play on Japanese arcade cabinets but I'll ask.

If you want to check what is said in the SWGA forums, click on the 2 links :
"[Summer LAN] Casual play + lodging / Sessions + hébergement" topic
"[TOURNEYS] SUMMER LAN - 21-22/06/08 - Toulouse" topic

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

BioLogIn
Запускаю супер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение BioLogIn » 05 май 2008, 14:53

Mitsurugi
Mitsurugi писал(а):I think the controller issue is more being able to play on Japanese arcade cabinets
I understand that. Well, the player we talk about owns arcade stick (HRAP2), but he hasn't adapted to it yet. Should he qualify for SBO, he will be __MOTIVATED__ to quickly learn playing with stick, and he will have 2 months left... Well, that is _SBO_, for it one could learn playing Guilty Gear on Guitar Hero guitar, let alone arcade stick ))))
He is willing to sign any necessary papers, like that in case of qualification he obliges to attend SBO and play on arcade stick, blah-blah.

Again, thank you very much for your help and for the links to SWGA threads. I'll be registering there right now.
And history obliterates

Mitsurugi
Новичок

Сообщение Mitsurugi » 15 май 2008, 12:03

Bonjour !

It was made official now that controllers aren't allowed for the Tougeki qualifiers (3S 3v3 and GGAC 3v3), arcade sticks only.
Another point is that you can have a team with less than 3 members though it is strongly advised against as that will be your official team, no replacement or additional members can join you in Japan should you qualify.

I hope you can still make it but that is understable if you can't, specially in Jeka's case.

BioLogIn
Запускаю супер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение BioLogIn » 15 май 2008, 12:41

Mitsurugi
I understand that it is not your decision and you're only re-telling us all this, but what are judges going to do if one arrives with 'custom stick' build from dualshock with only body changed? will such device (with a big box as an arcade stick, but with dualshock analog stick) be legal for this tourney? Is dualshock black plastic box what bans players from SBO? Or is it analog stick? List of 'legal' sticks, then?

I just want to show that this rule is illogical. I understand it is not likely to help in this case ('the Japanese officials have said' and dixi). I also understand that for SBO orgs it is easier to (effectively) ban few extra players from participating then messing with stick categorization... but isn't unbanning these players even easier? I suppose European orgs are just afraid arguing with Japanese official, fearing they'll be left w/o SBO prelims next year if they cause too much bother \\

All in all, that is very sad for us. This decision effectively makes Jeka stay at home. And since Raven\Slep\BioLogIn is MUCH weaker team then Raven\Jeka\Slep, it is likely that Raven cancels as well, since the trip is very expensive for him... (((( Which means I'll probably be the only one Russian attending.

Very bad.
And history obliterates

Birii
Новичок

Сообщение Birii » 15 май 2008, 12:50

Глупость какая-то по-моему. Они же играют не на аркаде, а на приставке.
I suppose European orgs are just afraid arguing with Japanese official, fearing they'll be left w/o SBO prelims next year if they cause too much bother \\
Как все сложно. =/

BioLogIn
Запускаю супер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение BioLogIn » 15 май 2008, 12:58

Birii
в этом подфоруме пишем на английском, к?

"неглупость" в том, что SBO-организаторы хотят, чтобы все команды достойно выглядели на финалах, и это понятно. если припрется чел, который даже на стике играть не умеет, это им только финал испортит.
"глупость" в том, что четкого разделения между "настоящими аркадными стиками" и "ненастоящими" нет и быть не может. И потому, раз уж разрешают проводить отборочные на консолях (а это делают чтобы поднять интерес к чемпионату СБО во всем мире), могли бы и идти на компромиссы типа разрешения играть на аналог-стике.

==

Mitsurugi
basically Birii is wondering why are orgs so stupid\strict about pads while the tournament is run on PS2 anyway, and I'm giving few reasons pro and contra.
And history obliterates

Birii
Новичок

Сообщение Birii » 15 май 2008, 13:03

Ah, i see. Actually it makes sense now - a man can win the tournament with dualshock and then fail on arcade in japan, and then french orgs will seem incompetent. Right?

BioLogIn
Запускаю супер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение BioLogIn » 15 май 2008, 13:12

Birii
Kinda. It will spoil all the show. And - additionally - unqualified Japanese players may start bitching about 1 slot assigned to a people who can't even participate, while they 'could do better'. There are only 32 slots for finals after all, and there are more Japanese GG players then GG players from all the other world, I afraid )

But the other side, as I said, is that
a) this is not our case at all. Jeka is playing on (analog) stick, and is willing to sign any papers that oblige him to play on arcade should he qualify
b) it is impossible to divide sticks into 'right' and 'wrong'. There is no possible logical criteria at all to tell if one stick is 'true arcade one' and if the other is not.
c) since Japanese orgs are interested in making this tournament worldwide, and since they allow playing non-arcade-perfect PS2 version of game on qualifiers, they should be more compromising about 'exceptions' from this 'rule'. IMHO.
And history obliterates

Razdikrok
Lingering Evil
Карточка игрока: Jeka
Благодарил (а): 85 раз
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Razdikrok » 15 май 2008, 17:32

It is disappointing that dualshocks are banned but on the other hand the trip is quite expensive and a few of our good players can't go simply because they can't afford it *now* or have some sort of temporary difficulties. It might be the case that the next year they will have the money to join us . With Summoner, Mirror and Overkill our "Russian sector" will be more competitive and fun to watch ( Obviously, I can't participate every year since I'm a student and don't earn much =\ ). Hopefully they will keep the motivation up.

JeKa
We shun them not for their dream but for their refusal to let such a noble dream die a noble death (c)

Mitsurugi
Новичок

Сообщение Mitsurugi » 19 май 2008, 15:18

BioLogIn
That is a shame indeed. I must admit that I am torn apart between wanting you to come and respecting the rules but those rules are to be applied and in my humble opinion, I hope not to offense pad players but I kinda agree with them. Same here, I have friends who are very skilled but play on pad (Baykou and Keev are the most famous as they are well-ranked, often playing on French tourney vids finals/semi-finals) so should they be interested, they won't be able to attend the qualifiers, amongst other reasons.

Well, you could try to build such a custom stick but I doubt it will be allowed. I don't know what the judges would do, presumably disqualifying you. Especially if you travel from Russia, a long and expensive travel, that is not worth taking such a risk. Your best bet is for pad players to train on arcade stick for next year.

It is nice to read you will probably be coming but I understand that alone, without your comrades, it has a different ring to it, a less appealing feeling.

Birii
I don't know if the French orgs being afraid of looking incompetent is really the reason why they actually forbid pad players but that the way it is. It seems to me though that they just apply the rules they are being told but I might be a tidbit biased. :p

Jeka
Ahhh, student days ! ^_^
See you next year then, though I don't know for sure if I will be able/can afford to attend that time because one has to be ready (taking days off and paying the tickets) to go to Japan should they win and I'm already going there this summer, whether our team wins the qualifiers or not.

BioLogIn
Запускаю супер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение BioLogIn » 19 май 2008, 15:50

Mitsurugi
Well, all in all, I still will be there 95%.

Raven and Slep... dunno, they are deciding right now. The trouble is that they both have Eddie as main character, and while Slep was comfortable with his secondary character (I-no) while they had Jeka on team, his isn't sure about it now.

Belial hasn't decided if goes or not, he wanted to get a big company going, and this time we don't have one )

So for now it looks like I'll be there the only person from Russia, watching for the tournament organization (which I'm really interested at) and playing (mashing) for fun.
Razdikrok писал(а):With Summoner, Mirror and Overkill our "Russian sector" will be more competitive and fun to watch
Mate, you've forgot that Summoner and Mirror don't play on stick either. And IMHO it is not very likely they will switch to it anytime soon. I'd rather bet on A.T here...
And history obliterates

cerb0z
Turning Japanese
Карточка игрока: Cerb0z
Контактная информация:

Сообщение cerb0z » 23 июн 2008, 17:05

[15:59:00] [NinjaFLic] Joe Higashi (CH), Pentarou (BR), Cuongster (ED) > euro SBO team
HYPE ?
Push buttons, do combos Изображение

Mitsurugi
Новичок

Сообщение Mitsurugi » 26 июн 2008, 16:14

More results, thanks to Malek :

Soul3 solo:
1. Shinzu (Mitsu/Cassy)
2. Black cat (X/Sophi)
3. Malek (Ivy)
4. Maxou (Setsu)

3.3 solo:
1. Kx (Chun-li)
2. ZaubiMeister (Yun)
3. C IV (Chun-li)
4. Cuongster (Ken)

GG solo:
1. Cuongster (Eddie)
2. DreamMaker (Testament)
3. Joe Higashi (Chipp)
4. Pentarou (Bridget)

Qualif Tougeki Team 3.3 Winner:
Kx_Chun-li_FRANCE; BBoyLong_Remy_SWITZERLAND; ZaubiMeister_Yun_AUSTRIA

Qualif Tougeki Team GG^Core Winner:
JoeHigashi_Chipp_FRANCE; Pentarou_Bridget_FRANCE; Cuongster_Eddie_FRANCE

Mitsurugi
Новичок

Сообщение Mitsurugi » 03 июл 2008, 15:41

Hi my Russian friends !

Somes results and vids, thanks to the SWGA staff.
Black Cat and Cixi писал(а):TEKKEN 5 DARK RESURRECTION

Изображение

Groups:
A bracket
Nicky
Fernandez
The Spartan
Mandrak
Byakuya

B bracket
Titou 31 Elite
Thiry
Benoit
DMCK
HERAULT

Изображение
Winners bracket final - Nicky (XI) VS Thiry (YO/PA/KU) - Youtube - DDL
Losers bracket final - DMCK (KI) VS Thiry (YO/PA) - Youtube - DDL
Final - Nicky (XI) VS DMCK (KI) - Youtube part 1 - Youtube part 2 - DDL

STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE

Tougeki qualifiers

Изображение

Gipsy Team VS 99 Women Guitars - Youtube - DDL
Gipsy Team VS Random Superstar - Youtube - DDL
99 Women Guitars VS Random Superstar - X

1v1

Изображение

Groups
A bracket
KX
Cuongster
Becks
Kyo
Manuel
Jay Killah

B bracket
Zaubimaster
C IV
Malek
BBoy
Tipical
K Dash 99

Изображение

Semifinal - Zaubimeister (YU) VS Cuongster (KE) - Youtube - DDL
Semifinal - Kx (CH) VS C IV (KE) - Youtube - DDL
3rd place - Cuongster (KE) VS C IV (CH) - Youtube - DDL
Final - Zaubimeister (YU) VS Kx (CH) - Youtube - DDL

GUILTY GEAR ACCENT CORE

Tougeki qualifiers

Изображение

1v1

Изображение

Groups
A bracket
Cuongster
Dream Maker
T-Nor

B bracket
Choco
Phil
Karim

Изображение

Semifinal - Cuongster (ED) VS pentarou (BR) - Youtube - DDL
Semifinal - Joe Higashi (CH) VS Dream Maker (TE) - Youtube - DDL
3rd place - Joe Higashi (CH) VS pentarou (BR) - Youtube - DDL
Final - Cuongster (ED) VS Dream Maker (TE) - Youtube - DDL

Fidoskin
https://discord.gg/Rcurbr
Карточка игрока: Fidoskin
Канал пользователя: Huitzil
Благодарил (а): 127 раз

Сообщение Fidoskin » 03 июл 2008, 17:55

Mitsurugi
Eeeeh... What music in this vid?

Mitsurugi
Новичок

Сообщение Mitsurugi » 03 июл 2008, 18:19

Fidoskin
Mwahahaaaa, "2H-D user", you love that stagger "combo" !
Well, I unfortunately can't download or watch movies on Youtube (meaning no watching CM and matches, sad) and such so I'll forward your question to the SWGA staff.

Ответить